From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:13, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

The Finland Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), located in Milford Township, Bucks County, Pennsylvania, is the result of mission effort of nearby congregations. Visitation and cottage meetings held in the community finally led to the organization of a Sunday school on 17 May 1931, and the monthly church services beginning on 1 November 1931. Claude Shisler served as mission superintendent from 12 March 1933 to 22 November 1938, when he was ordained as pastor of the growing congregation. The mission was first housed in a store building in the village of Finland. The building standing in the mid-1950s was erected in 1939. The congregation was organized in 1940. The membership in 1953 was 101; in 2008 the membership was 144.

Additional Information

Address: 1685 Upper Ridge Road, Pennsburg, Pennsylvania

Phone: 215-679-8980

Website: Finland Mennonite Church

Denominational Affiliations:

Franconia Mennonite Conference

Mennonite Church USA


Author(s) Quintus Leatherman
Date Published 1956


Cite This Article

MLA style

Leatherman, Quintus. "Finland Mennonite Church (Pennsburg, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 25 Apr 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Finland_Mennonite_Church_(Pennsburg,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=80804.

APA style

Leatherman, Quintus. (1956). Finland Mennonite Church (Pennsburg, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 April 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Finland_Mennonite_Church_(Pennsburg,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=80804.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 330. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.