Finland Mennonite Church (Pennsburg, Pennsylvania, USA)
The Finland Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), first located in Milford Township, Bucks County, Pennsylvania, was the result of mission effort of nearby congregations. Visitation and cottage meetings held in the community finally led to the organization of a Sunday school on 17 May 1931, and the monthly church services beginning on 1 November 1931. Claude Shisler served as mission superintendent from 12 March 1933 to 22 November 1938, when he was ordained as pastor of the growing congregation. The mission was first housed in a store building in the village of Finland. The first building was erected in 1939. The congregation was formally organized in 1940.
A new church building in Marlborough Township, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania was constructed in 2010, with an addition in 2014.
Address: 1750 Ziegler Road, Pennsburg, PA 18073
Website: Finland Mennonite Church
Finland Mennonite Church Pastoral Leaders
|Claude M. Shisler (1907-2000)||1933-1975|
|David K. Benner (1946- )||1970-1985|
|Steven E. Landis||1987-1994|
|Alvin F. Detweiler||1995|
| Bob Nolt
|John M. Ehst||2009-2015|
|Gerry Clemmer (Associate)||2015-present|
Finland Mennonite Church Membership
|Date Published||September 2016|
Cite This Article
Leatherman, Quintus and Sam Steiner. "Finland Mennonite Church (Pennsburg, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. September 2016. Web. 17 Oct 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Finland_Mennonite_Church_(Pennsburg,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=135910.
Leatherman, Quintus and Sam Steiner. (September 2016). Finland Mennonite Church (Pennsburg, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 17 October 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Finland_Mennonite_Church_(Pennsburg,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=135910.
©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.