Fairview Mennonite Church, located six miles southeast of Albany, Oregon was organized in 1895 with 12 members. Formerly a member of the Pacific Coast Conference of the Mennonite Church, it is now a member of the Conservative Mennonite Conference. Church services were held in a Dunkard church building approximately eight miles southeast of Albany until 1911, when the meetinghouse was built at the present location. Jacob Roth served the congregation as first minister and as bishop until 1903. Christian R. Gerig, who came to this community from Iowa, was ordained bishop in 1904 and served until 1930. After May 1938 Nick M. Birky served the congregation as bishop. In 1954 the ministers were Henry Gerig and Ivan Headings, and the deacon was Verle Nolziger; the membership was 372. The congregation was a member of the Amish Conference until the Amish and Mennonite Church Conferences were united into the Pacific Coast Conference. Immigration from midwestern states has been an important factor in the growth of the church.
In 2011 the membership was 193; the pastor was James L. Kropf.
Anabaptist (Mennonite) Directory 2011. Harrisonburg, VA: The Sword and Trumpet, 2011: 48.
 Additional Information
Address: 35100 Goltra Road SE, Albany, Oregon
|Richard D. Thiessen|
|Date Published||April 2012|
 Cite This Article
Leichty, Alice and Richard D. Thiessen. "Fairview Mennonite Church (Albany, Oregon, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. April 2012. Web. 5 May 2015. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Fairview_Mennonite_Church_(Albany,_Oregon,_USA)&oldid=116994.
Leichty, Alice and Richard D. Thiessen. (April 2012). Fairview Mennonite Church (Albany, Oregon, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 5 May 2015, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Fairview_Mennonite_Church_(Albany,_Oregon,_USA)&oldid=116994.
Herald Press website.
©1996-2015 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.