El Camino Bible Church (Santa Clara, California, USA)

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The El Camino Bible Church in Santa Clara, California began as a Sunday school program organized by the San Jose Mennonite Brethren Church in 1953. Classes originally met in a local home, and worship services took place at the San Jose church. In 1957 the congregation began construction of its own building on Warburton Avenue, which was dedicated on 13 April 1958. The congregation formally organized itself as the El Camino Mennonite Brethren Church on 18 March 1958. A classroom building was added in 1967. The church changed its name to El Camino Bible Church in 1975. It met for the last time on Easter Sunday, 2009.

Bibliography

Archival Information

Center for Mennonite Brethren Studies, Fresno, CA: Record Group CB529.

Additional Information

Denominational Affiliation:

Pacific District Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches

U. S. Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches

General Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches


Author(s) Richard D Thiessen
Date Published October 2014


Cite This Article

MLA style

Thiessen, Richard D. "El Camino Bible Church (Santa Clara, California, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. October 2014. Web. 13 Dec 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=El_Camino_Bible_Church_(Santa_Clara,_California,_USA)&oldid=125691.

APA style

Thiessen, Richard D. (October 2014). El Camino Bible Church (Santa Clara, California, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 13 December 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=El_Camino_Bible_Church_(Santa_Clara,_California,_USA)&oldid=125691.




©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.