Eden Mennonite Church, located at 21905 East 600 Road, Inola, Rogers County, Oklahoma, a member of the Western District Conference from 1915 to 2012, was organized on 12 November 1914 with 27 members under the leader W. J. Ewert. The first meetinghouse, a frame structure, was destroyed by fire in 1918, and was replaced by a new frame building with a seating capacity of 175, dedicated on 2 May 1920. Ministers who served the congregation through 1955 were Herman P. Jantzen, Sol. Mouttet, G. B. Regier, and Homer Sperling. The membership in 1955 was 147.
In the fall of 2012 it was announced that the congregation had left the Western District Conference of Mennonite Church USA after delegates to the conference's annual assembly upheld a Leadership Commission decision not to discipline a pastor for performing a same-sex ceremony.
"3 Churches Leave Western, Central Districts." Mennonite World Review (15 October 2012). Web. 19 October 2012. http://www.mennoworld.org/2012/10/15/3-churches-leave-western-central-districts/.
|Author(s)||G. B. Regier|
|Richard D. Thiessen|
|Date Published||October 2012|
 Cite This Article
Regier, G. B. and Richard D. Thiessen. "Eden Mennonite Church (Inola, Oklahoma, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. October 2012. Web. 8 Dec 2013. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Eden_Mennonite_Church_(Inola,_Oklahoma,_USA)&oldid=87215.
Regier, G. B. and Richard D. Thiessen. (October 2012). Eden Mennonite Church (Inola, Oklahoma, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 8 December 2013, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Eden_Mennonite_Church_(Inola,_Oklahoma,_USA)&oldid=87215.
Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.