From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

Dragass (also known as Tragoszcz, Dragasz, Tragas, Dragaß; now known as Dragacz; coordinates: 53.50566 N, 18.73899 E [53° 30' 20.4" N, 18° 44' 20.3" E]; population in 1852, 510, in 1910, 489, in 2012, 610), was a former Mennonite village near Gross-Lubin, Schwetz district, on the left shore of the Vistula River in Polish Prussia. Dutch Mennonites settled there in the 17th or even 16th century.

[edit] Bibliography

"Familienforschung in Westpreußen." Hans-Jürgen Wolf. Web. 29 September 2012. http://www.westpreussen.de.

Szper, Felicia.  Nederlandsche nederzettingen in West-Pruisen gedurende den poolschen tijd. Enkhuizen: P. Bais, 1913: 134-135.

[edit] Maps

Map:Dragacz (Kuyavian-Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland)


Author(s) Nanne van der Zijpp
Richard D. Thiessen
Date Published September 2012


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Zijpp, Nanne van der and Richard D. Thiessen. "Dragass (Kuyavian-Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. September 2012. Web. 24 Aug 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Dragass_(Kuyavian-Pomeranian_Voivodeship,_Poland)&oldid=133498.

APA style

Zijpp, Nanne van der and Richard D. Thiessen. (September 2012). Dragass (Kuyavian-Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 August 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Dragass_(Kuyavian-Pomeranian_Voivodeship,_Poland)&oldid=133498.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 97. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.