Dohner Mennonite Church (Eastern Pennsylvania Mennonite Church, originally Mennonite Church), located near Annville on Cedar Run Road, Lebanon County, Pennsylvania, was a member of the Lancaster Mennonite Conference. Bishop Frederick Kauffman gave land for a meetinghouse in 1768 two miles north of Annville. In 1851 when friction developed with the United Brethren, Bishop Jacob Dohner moved a mile east and built a 24 x 36 ft. brick church. Membership and Sunday school enrollment in 1954 were 29 and 45 respectively. Simon Bücher was bishop and Robert Miller the preacher at that time.
In the late 1960s Dohner was part of the group of congregations that formed the more conservative Eastern Pennsylvania Mennonite Church. In 2014 the congregation had 84 members.
 Additional Information
Address: 2770 Cedar Run Lane, Lebanon, Pa.
Denominational Affiliations: Eastern Pennsylvania Mennonite Church
|Author(s)||Ira D. Landis|
 Cite This Article
Landis, Ira D. and Sam Steiner. "Dohner Mennonite Church (Lebanon, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 1 Oct 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Dohner_Mennonite_Church_(Lebanon,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=122925.
Landis, Ira D. and Sam Steiner. (1956). Dohner Mennonite Church (Lebanon, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 1 October 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Dohner_Mennonite_Church_(Lebanon,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=122925.
Herald Press website.
©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.