Deer Park First Mennonite Church (Deer Park, Washington, USA)

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Deer Park First Mennonite Church (General Conference Mennonite [GCM]), was located near Deer Park, Spokane County, Washington State, USA, but is now extinct, was established as a result of a colonization attempt for Russian Mennonite refugees from Harbin, Heilongjiang Province in Northeast China, 1929-30, sponsored by H. P. Krehbiel. It joined the Pacific District (GCM) Conference in 1939, when it had a membership of ca. 25, but it disbanded in 1943 when the members moved away, largely to Newport, some 30 miles (48 km.) north.


Author(s) Harold S Bender
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Bender, Harold S. "Deer Park First Mennonite Church (Deer Park, Washington, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 21 Jul 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Deer_Park_First_Mennonite_Church_(Deer_Park,_Washington,_USA)&oldid=80069.

APA style

Bender, Harold S. (1959). Deer Park First Mennonite Church (Deer Park, Washington, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 July 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Deer_Park_First_Mennonite_Church_(Deer_Park,_Washington,_USA)&oldid=80069.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1075. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.