From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Deer Park First Mennonite Church (General Conference Mennonite [GCM]), was located near Deer Park, Spokane County, Washington State, USA, but is now extinct, was established as a result of a colonization attempt for Russian Mennonite refugees from Harbin, Heilongjiang Province in Northeast China, 1929-30, sponsored by H. P. Krehbiel. It joined the Pacific District (GCM) Conference in 1939, when it had a membership of ca. 25, but it disbanded in 1943 when the members moved away, largely to Newport, some 30 miles (48 km.) north.


Author(s) Harold S Bender
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Bender, Harold S. "Deer Park First Mennonite Church (Deer Park, Washington, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 30 Jul 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Deer_Park_First_Mennonite_Church_(Deer_Park,_Washington,_USA)&oldid=80069.

APA style

Bender, Harold S. (1959). Deer Park First Mennonite Church (Deer Park, Washington, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 30 July 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Deer_Park_First_Mennonite_Church_(Deer_Park,_Washington,_USA)&oldid=80069.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1075. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.