From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:09, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

The County Line Old Order (Wisler) Mennonite Church located near Dalton, Wayne County, Ohio, is a meeting place of a congregation belonging to the Ohio and Indiana Conference. The congregation also worshiped in the Chestnut Ridge Mennonite Church. The present church was built in 1891, when the Pleasant View Mennonite Church (with whom they alternated services) began to build a new building, on which project they could not agree.    

In the spring of 1953 a group withdrew from the Chestnut Ridge-County Line congregation because the congregation refused to begin Sunday school, prayer meetings, and mission work. This withdrawing group then worshiped every Sunday at the Chestnut Ridge meetinghouse, while the continuing Chestnut Ridge-County Line Old Order (Wisler) congregation worshiped every Sunday at the County Line meetinghouse. The withdrawing group was received into the Virginia Mennonite Conference.


Author(s) Harold Bauman
Date Published 1953


Cite This Article

MLA style

Bauman, Harold. "County Line Mennonite Church (Dalton, Ohio, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 18 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=County_Line_Mennonite_Church_(Dalton,_Ohio,_USA)&oldid=79950.

APA style

Bauman, Harold. (1953). County Line Mennonite Church (Dalton, Ohio, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 18 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=County_Line_Mennonite_Church_(Dalton,_Ohio,_USA)&oldid=79950.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 725. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.