The Conservative Mennonite Fellowship began in 1967 primarily of persons who withdrew from the Fairview Mennonite Church over issues of doctrine and nonconformity. Initially they met in homes and the township hall until the present church building was constructed. Initially the new congregation had a close relationship with the Conservative Mennonite Church of Ontario, and Moses Baer served as the first bishop.
The congregation underwent it own division in 1977, with a portion of the congregation following pastor Floyd Yoder to form the Fairview Conservative Mennonite Church which became part of the somewhat stricter Nationwide Fellowship Churches. The Conservative Mennonite Fellowship remained unaffiliated until it joined the Midwest Mennonite Fellowship in the early 1990s.
In 2014 the congregation's minister was Marvin Troyer.
"Conservative Mennonite Fellowship." Midwest Mennonite Focus 19, no. 6 (November-December 1998): 8-9.
 Additional Information
Address: 1454 East Miller Road, Fairview, Michigan
 Conservative Mennonite Fellowship Pastors
|Name||Years of Service|
 Conservative Mennonite Fellowship Membership
|Date Published||February 2015|
 Cite This Article
Steiner, Sam. "Conservative Mennonite Fellowship (Fairview, Michigan, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. February 2015. Web. 30 Jun 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Conservative_Mennonite_Fellowship_(Fairview,_Michigan,_USA)&oldid=130909.
Steiner, Sam. (February 2015). Conservative Mennonite Fellowship (Fairview, Michigan, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 30 June 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Conservative_Mennonite_Fellowship_(Fairview,_Michigan,_USA)&oldid=130909.
©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.