From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Clarence (New York) Conservative Amish Mennonite Church, now extinct, was organized in December by Christian Nafziger of Lewis County, New York, with Lewis Eichorn as the minister. The settlers came from different parts of the United States and Canada. During the first few years services were held at the Sandhill Church, later at the old Stone Mennonite Church, and still later at the Lewis Eichorn home. In 1929 the church was reorganized by John A. Stoltzfus, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, but not under a conference. In November 1934 Joseph Roth was ordained to the ministry by John A. Stoltzfus. Some years later the Pine City schoolhouse, two miles from Clarence, was bought for a meetinghouse, and was generally known as the Eichorn Church. Many members moved away. Lewis Eichorn died on 17 February 1945. Services were held until 14 March 1948; at that time nine members were left.


Author(s) Annie Eichorn
Date Published 1953


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Eichorn, Annie. "Clarence Conservative Amish Mennonite Church (Clarence, New York, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 20 Oct 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Clarence_Conservative_Amish_Mennonite_Church_(Clarence,_New_York,_USA)&oldid=79706.

APA style

Eichorn, Annie. (1953). Clarence Conservative Amish Mennonite Church (Clarence, New York, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 October 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Clarence_Conservative_Amish_Mennonite_Church_(Clarence,_New_York,_USA)&oldid=79706.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 618. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.