From GAMEO
Revision as of 13:58, 23 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search
CPS men serving as orderlies. Scan courtesy [http://www.mcusa-archives.org/Archives/GuideAMC.html Mennonite Church USA Archives-Goshen ]IX-13-2-2
The New Jersey State Hospital Civilian Public Service (CPS) Unit No. 63, located at Marlboro, New Jersey, had a maximum of 103 men. It was approved by Selective Service in November 1942 and closed in December 1946. It was the first CPS unit to be placed in a New Jersey state institution. Most of the men served as attendants to the mental patients in the institution. Mennonite Central Committee conducted a psychiatry and Christian service school at this hospital in February 1945. The unit published an 82-page history and report of its work under the title p. r. n.

Bibliography

Gingerich, Melvin. Service for peace: a history of Mennonite Civilian Public Service. Akron, PA: Mennonite Central Committee, 1949: 221 f.


Author(s) Melvin Gingerich
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Gingerich, Melvin. "Civilian Public Service Unit (Marlboro, New Jersey, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 17 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Civilian_Public_Service_Unit_(Marlboro,_New_Jersey,_USA)&oldid=91460.

APA style

Gingerich, Melvin. (1959). Civilian Public Service Unit (Marlboro, New Jersey, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 17 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Civilian_Public_Service_Unit_(Marlboro,_New_Jersey,_USA)&oldid=91460.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 491, 862. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.