From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
CPS men serving as orderlies.
Scan courtesy Mennonite Church USA Archives-Goshen IX-13-2-2

The New Jersey State Hospital Civilian Public Service (CPS) Unit No. 63, located at Marlboro, New Jersey, had a maximum of 103 men. It was approved by Selective Service in November 1942 and closed in December 1946. It was the first CPS unit to be placed in a New Jersey state institution. Most of the men served as attendants to the mental patients in the institution. Mennonite Central Committee conducted a psychiatry and Christian service school at this hospital in February 1945. The unit published an 82-page history and report of its work under the title p. r. n.

[edit] Bibliography

Gingerich, Melvin. Service for peace: a history of Mennonite Civilian Public Service. Akron, Pa.: Mennonite Central Committee, 1949: 221 f.


Author(s) Melvin Gingerich
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Gingerich, Melvin. "Civilian Public Service Unit (Marlboro, New Jersey, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 26 Sep 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Civilian_Public_Service_Unit_(Marlboro,_New_Jersey,_USA)&oldid=104762.

APA style

Gingerich, Melvin. (1959). Civilian Public Service Unit (Marlboro, New Jersey, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 26 September 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Civilian_Public_Service_Unit_(Marlboro,_New_Jersey,_USA)&oldid=104762.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 491, 862. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.