From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
Delaware State Hospital. Source: Mennonite Church USA Archives 2013-0084m
The Farnhurst (Delaware) Civilian Public Service (CPS) Unit No. 58 was officially opened in November 1942, although 25 CPS men had arrived there a month earlier. The unit employed by the Delaware State Hospital performed a variety of skilled and unskilled tasks in this mental institution, including work in occupational therapy and physiotherapy. The unit was closed in October 1946.

[edit] Bibliography

Gingerich, Melvin. Service for Peace: a History of Mennonite Civilian Public Service. Akron, PA: Mennonite Central Committee, 1949: 219.


Author(s) Melvin Gingerich
Date Published 1956


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Gingerich, Melvin. "Civilian Public Service Unit (Farnhurst, Delaware, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 30 Aug 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Civilian_Public_Service_Unit_(Farnhurst,_Delaware,_USA)&oldid=94162.

APA style

Gingerich, Melvin. (1956). Civilian Public Service Unit (Farnhurst, Delaware, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 30 August 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Civilian_Public_Service_Unit_(Farnhurst,_Delaware,_USA)&oldid=94162.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 313. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.