From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Mulberry (Florida) was a Mennonite-administered unit under the Brethren-directed Civilian Public Service Camp No. 27, located approximately 30 miles (50 km) east of Tampa, Florida. The unit engaged in a hookworm eradication program. The unit was opened in September 1943 but in April 1946 it was moved to Bartow, Florida. The Mulberry camp was one of a number selected by the Mennonite Central Committee for relief training program, which lasted from November 1943 to May 1946.

[edit] Bibliography

Gingerich, Melvin. Service for Peace: a history of Mennonite Civilian Public Service. Akron, PA: Mennonite Central Committee, 1949: 252-256.


Author(s) Melvin Gingerich
Date Published 1957


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Gingerich, Melvin. "Civilian Public Service Camp (Mulberry, Florida, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 21 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Civilian_Public_Service_Camp_(Mulberry,_Florida,_USA)&oldid=91456.

APA style

Gingerich, Melvin. (1957). Civilian Public Service Camp (Mulberry, Florida, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Civilian_Public_Service_Camp_(Mulberry,_Florida,_USA)&oldid=91456.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 767. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.