Churchtown Old Order Mennonite Meetinghouse (Churchtown, Pennsylvania, USA)

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Churchtown Old Order Mennonite meetinghouse is located at the east end of Churchtown, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. The building was constructed in 1910. The congregation belongs to the Groffdale Conference, under Bishops Joseph O. Wenger and A. Z. Sensenig. Preachers serving the congregation in the 1950s were Samuel S. Horning and Isaac W. Zimmerman. The Old Order group under Bishop Joseph O. Weaver, belonging to the Weaverland Conference, also worshiped here.

Maps

Map:Churchtown Old Order Mennonite Meetinghouse (Churchtown, Pennsylvania)


Author(s) Eli M Shirk
Date Published 1953


Cite This Article

MLA style

Shirk, Eli M. "Churchtown Old Order Mennonite Meetinghouse (Churchtown, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 18 Nov 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Churchtown_Old_Order_Mennonite_Meetinghouse_(Churchtown,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=86809.

APA style

Shirk, Eli M. (1953). Churchtown Old Order Mennonite Meetinghouse (Churchtown, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 18 November 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Churchtown_Old_Order_Mennonite_Meetinghouse_(Churchtown,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=86809.




Hpbuttns.gif

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 603; vol. 4, p. 1143. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.