From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Christlicher Jugendfreund (1878-1951), the first youth periodical published anywhere in the Mennonite world, was established in January 1878 by S. D. Guengerich, an Old Order Amish layman of Amish, Iowa, as a private venture, taken over in 1881 by the Mennonite Publishing Company of Elkhart, Indiana, and published by them until its sale to the Mennonite Publishing House of Scottdale, Pennsylvania, in 1908 and by them to the Rundschau Publishing House of Winnipeg, Manitoba. (Mennonite Brethren, later called Christian Press), in 1923. The last issue appeared 30 May 1951, after which a department was introduced in the Mennonitische Rundschau with the title Christlicher Jugendfreund.


Author(s) Harold S Bender
Date Published 1953


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Bender, Harold S. "Christlicher Jugendfreund (Periodical)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 30 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Christlicher_Jugendfreund_(Periodical)&oldid=123029.

APA style

Bender, Harold S. (1953). Christlicher Jugendfreund (Periodical). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 30 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Christlicher_Jugendfreund_(Periodical)&oldid=123029.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 585. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.