From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:41, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

The Christian Fellowship congregation began services in 1943, and formally organized in 1958. The first building was occupied in 1944, with a subsequent building program in 1959. Jacob J.M. Friesen is considered the founding leader of the group. Pastor Alvin Buhler served in 2010 as a congregational leader. In 1965 there were 105 members; in 1975, 123; in 1985, 140. The congregation has been affiliated with the Evangelical Mennonite Brethren (known as Fellowship of Evangelical Bible Churches, 1987-) The language of worship is English.

Bibliography

Canadian Mennonite (18 December 1959): 5; (26 November 1963): 4.

Christian Fellowship Church, Rhineland, Saskatchewan 1943-1983, 76 pp., MHSC collection, Mennonite Archives of Ontario.

Additional Information

Address: R.R.1, Wymark, SK, S0N 2Y0. Located 13 km. south of Swift Current on Hwy. 4, and 8 km east.

Phone: 306-773-6845

Denominational Affiliation: Fellowship of Evangelical Bible Churches


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published February 1989


Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Christian Fellowship Church (Wymark, Saskatchewan, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. February 1989. Web. 28 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Christian_Fellowship_Church_(Wymark,_Saskatchewan,_Canada)&oldid=86750.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (February 1989). Christian Fellowship Church (Wymark, Saskatchewan, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 28 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Christian_Fellowship_Church_(Wymark,_Saskatchewan,_Canada)&oldid=86750.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.