From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Chihuahua Mennonite Brethren Church for Latin Americans, located in Chihuahua, a village five miles (eight km) west of Mission, Texas, was organized 27 April 1941, by Harry Neufeld of Los Ebanos, Texas, under the Southern District of the Mennonite Brethren Conference. In 1942 Henry F. Thomas took charge of the mission church. A larger church was dedicated 28 April 1946. The members of the church were Latin Americans of Texas and Mexico. Many were poor and migrant workers. Some of them returned to their native land. Inosencio Garcia was ordained 28 December 1952 as assistant.


Author(s) Henry F Thomas
Date Published 1953


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Thomas, Henry F. "Chihuahua Mennonite Brethren Church (Mission, Texas, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 25 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Chihuahua_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Mission,_Texas,_USA)&oldid=86678.

APA style

Thomas, Henry F. (1953). Chihuahua Mennonite Brethren Church (Mission, Texas, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Chihuahua_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Mission,_Texas,_USA)&oldid=86678.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, pp. 556. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.