Cartwright Church of God in Christ, Mennonite (Cartwright, Manitoba, Canada)

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Cartwright Church of God in Christ, Mennonite congregation began services in 1958, and formally organized in 1959. The first building was occupied in 1961. Clifford Penner and Walter Goossen are considered the founding leaders of the group. The congregation originated through colonization from Greenland, Manitoba. The congregation operates the Rock Lake School. The church is located 1.5 miles northwest of Cartwright. Minister Orville Friesen served in 2009 as one of the nonsalaried congregational leaders.

Bibliography

Histories of the Congregations of the Church of God In Christ, Mennonite. Ste. Anne, Man.: Gospel Publishers, 1975.

Additional Information

Address: Cartwright, Manitoba

Phone: 204-529-2445

Denominational Affiliation:

Church of God in Christ, Mennonite

Cartwright Church of God in Christ, Mennonite Membership

Year Members
1985 87
2000 134
2009 133

Maps

Map:Cartwright Church of God in Christ, Mennonite (Cartwright, Manitoba)


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published December 1986


Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Cartwright Church of God in Christ, Mennonite (Cartwright, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. December 1986. Web. 13 Dec 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Cartwright_Church_of_God_in_Christ,_Mennonite_(Cartwright,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=140623.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (December 1986). Cartwright Church of God in Christ, Mennonite (Cartwright, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 13 December 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Cartwright_Church_of_God_in_Christ,_Mennonite_(Cartwright,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=140623.




©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.