From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
Carlock Mennonite Church.
Source: Douglas Coulter.

The Carlock Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA) was established because a number of families belonging to the North Danvers Mennonite Church had moved to town and found it inconvenient to attend services in the country. The Ladies' Aid was organized as a branch of the North Danvers Ladies' Aid in April 1912. The organization of a prayer-meeting circle and a Christian Endeavor Society held conjointly with meetings of the United Presbyterian Church finally resulted in the  organization  of a Mennonite congregation on 14 April 1914. For a while services were held in the town hall, but in January 1916 a new church was dedicated. In 1952 the church had 159 members; in 2009 there were 65 members.

[edit] Additional Information

Address: 217 East Washington, Carlock, Illinois

Phone: 309-376-2781

Website: Carlock Mennonite Church

Denominational Affiliations:

Central District Conference

Mennonite Church USA

[edit] Maps

Map:Carlock Mennonite Church (Carlock, Illinois)


Author(s) Grace Miller
Date Published 1953


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Miller, Grace. "Carlock Mennonite Church (Carlock, Illinois, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 1 Oct 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Carlock_Mennonite_Church_(Carlock,_Illinois,_USA)&oldid=134866.

APA style

Miller, Grace. (1953). Carlock Mennonite Church (Carlock, Illinois, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 1 October 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Carlock_Mennonite_Church_(Carlock,_Illinois,_USA)&oldid=134866.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 519. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.