Church planting in Bulawayo began in 1955 with visitation of former Brethren in Christ students employed in the city. Don Zook and Sandi Vundla began making weekend trips to Bulawayo and organized Sunday schools and worship services in two different townships. The first church was dedicated in 1957 at Mpopoma with Sandi Vundla as resident pastor. He also gave leadership in weekly released-time Bible classes in public schools, Bible study sessions for adults, and a growing hospital visitation program.
The headquarters for the Ibandla Labazalwane Kukristu e-Zimbabwe are located in Bulawayo as well as the office of the church's bishop. Related to that office is Acagugu Evangeli, the Ndebele radio station, and the publication of Amazwi Amahle, the church paper. The Matopo Book Center is also located in Bulawayo.
Brillinger, Velma R. "Development of Brethren in Christ Church Work in Bulawayo." Look on the Fields published with the Evangelical Visitor 70 (17 June 1957): 2.
Brethren in Christ Handbook of Missions (1956, 1957, 1958).
Martin, Dorothy M. Memoirs at BIC Archives (Grantham, Pennsylvania, USA).
|Author(s)||Dorothy M Martin|
 Cite This Article
Martin, Dorothy M. "Bulawayo (Zimbabwe)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1987. Web. 29 Apr 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bulawayo_(Zimbabwe)&oldid=122452.
Martin, Dorothy M. (1987). Bulawayo (Zimbabwe). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 29 April 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bulawayo_(Zimbabwe)&oldid=122452.
©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.