From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
Braeside Home in 1952. David Hunsberger photo, Mennonite Archives of Ontario DH-547
Braeside Home was a home for the aged that served the Mennonite Conference of Ontario and the local community, with a capacity of 25 guests. It was established 1 May 1943 in the town of Preston, Ontario, and placed in charge of a superintendent and matron, John A. and Dora Cressman. The formal opening and dedication was held on 1 June 1943. The deed for the property was held by the Mennonite Conference of Ontario. A management board, consisting of five brethren appointed yearly, with the superintendent as a nonvoting member, was responsible for its operation.

In 1956, the Fairview Mennonite Home, also in Preston (later Cambridge), Ontario, opened and the Braeside facility was closed.


Author(s) John A Cressman
Date Published 1953


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Cressman, John A. "Braeside Home (Preston, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 3 Dec 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Braeside_Home_(Preston,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=91207.

APA style

Cressman, John A. (1953). Braeside Home (Preston, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 3 December 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Braeside_Home_(Preston,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=91207.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 400. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.