The Big Valley Missionary Church (formerly Mennonite Brethren in Christ) was located in Big Valley, Alberta. The earliest activity occurred prior to 1920, but the church was more firmly founded in 1940 with the arrival of Mr. & Mrs. Carl Lehman in August 1940. They began a Sunday school and worship services in local schools. They were followed by a Mr. Grunau who served until 1942. John Gamble came in 1946, and in 1947 established a church. He was followed by D. N. Taylor for several months, Charles Nelson (1949-1951), W. J. Cox (1951-1955), J. W. Millar (1955-1958), W. E. Quantz (1959-1961), Ed Ridley (1961-1962), E. Perry and P. Dyck. In 1967 services were provided a couple of times a month by a Nazarene pastor from a neighboring town. The church is now closed.
McCarty, Tom. As We Remember Big Valley. Big Valley, Alta. : T. McCarty, 1974: 73-74. http://www.ourroots.ca/page.aspx?id=876716&qryID=70f61497-5448-4aa3-a0e4-e8c702249315 (accessed 18 August 2009).
|Date Published||August 2009|
 Cite This Article
Steiner, Sam. "Big Valley United Missionary Church (Big Valley, Alberta, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. August 2009. Web. 6 Mar 2015. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Big_Valley_United_Missionary_Church_(Big_Valley,_Alberta,_Canada)&oldid=75646.
Steiner, Sam. (August 2009). Big Valley United Missionary Church (Big Valley, Alberta, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 6 March 2015, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Big_Valley_United_Missionary_Church_(Big_Valley,_Alberta,_Canada)&oldid=75646.
Herald Press website.
©1996-2015 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.