From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Mennonite families emigrating from Nebraska and Kansas settled in the Langham, Saskatchewan area in the early years of the first decade of the 20th century. They organized a congregation in 1903 after having worshiped together for three years. They built their own meeting house in 1907. They joined the Conference of Mennonites of Middle Canada in 1908. The congregation's membership grew slowly. In 1931 the membership stood at 82. In 1938 it was 147. Then the membership declined to 95 in 1943 and 48 in 1948 when the congregation was dissolved. The leaders of the congregation were: Heinrich Balzer ( -1935), Johann Peters ( -1940) [ both of these were there already at least in 1928], Jacob Peters (1933-1948), Johann Balzer (1933-1948).

[edit] Bibliography

Friesen, Bert. "Bethesda Mennonite Church (Langham, Sask.) fonds." Mennonite Heritage Centre Archives. http://www.mennonitechurch.ca/programs/archives/holdings/SK/SK_BethesdaMCLangh.htm (accessed 15 August 2009).


Author(s) Jacob H. Peters
Bert Friesen
Date Published 2002


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Peters, Jacob H. and Bert Friesen. "Bethesda Mennonite Church (Langham, Saskatchewan, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 2002. Web. 22 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bethesda_Mennonite_Church_(Langham,_Saskatchewan,_Canada)&oldid=75578.

APA style

Peters, Jacob H. and Bert Friesen. (2002). Bethesda Mennonite Church (Langham, Saskatchewan, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bethesda_Mennonite_Church_(Langham,_Saskatchewan,_Canada)&oldid=75578.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 317. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.