From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Bethel Mennonite Church (General Conference Mennonite Church) of Winton, Merced County, California, under arrangements of the Evangelization Committee of the Pacific District Conference and the Home Mission Board of the General Conference was organized in May 1940 under the leadership of Dillman B. Hess, who served 30 members as their first pastor. J. P. Glanzer followed as leader (1941), using the Koehn church building of which Joel Koehn had been pastor. Koehn was the first Mennonite minister (1920) to serve this community. In 1953 with 52 members, the church had a permanent home, with John Browning serving as pastor.


Author(s) Myron D Hilty
Date Published 1953


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Hilty, Myron D. "Bethel Mennonite Church (Winton, California, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 22 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bethel_Mennonite_Church_(Winton,_California,_USA)&oldid=75556.

APA style

Hilty, Myron D. (1953). Bethel Mennonite Church (Winton, California, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bethel_Mennonite_Church_(Winton,_California,_USA)&oldid=75556.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 313. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.