From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Bethel Mennonite Church (General Conference Mennonite Church), located near Waka, Ochiltree County, Texas, was a member of the Western District Conference. The congregation was organized in April 1922, the first meetings being held in the Jacob B. Wiebe home and later in a schoolhouse. In May 1924 another school was rebuilt into a church, which was still used in 1950 as a meetinghouse with a seating capacity of 100. In 1962 the Bethel congregation merged with the Perryton Mennonite Church at Perryton, Texas, with that congregation meeting in Perryton.


Author(s) Herman Wiebe
Date Published 1953


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Wiebe, Herman. "Bethel Mennonite Church (Waka, Texas, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 25 Aug 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bethel_Mennonite_Church_(Waka,_Texas,_USA)&oldid=91093.

APA style

Wiebe, Herman. (1953). Bethel Mennonite Church (Waka, Texas, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 August 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bethel_Mennonite_Church_(Waka,_Texas,_USA)&oldid=91093.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 313. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.