From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Bethel Mennonite Church (General Conference Mennonite), Enid, Oklahoma, at the corner of Nagel Avenue and South 4th Street, originated as a result of Mennonite families moving to Enid from Meno and Taloga, Oklahoma, who originally met for worship in their homes. On 7 March 1938 they decided to organize the Bethel Mennonite Church and in 1940 they erected a church building. In 1950 the group consisted of 24 members. Heinrich T. Neufeld was the pastor throughout the history of the church. In 1959 the congregation was discontinued and the members joined the Grace Mennonite Church of Enid.


Author(s) Heinrich T Neufeld
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Neufeld, Heinrich T. "Bethel Mennonite Church (Enid, Oklahoma, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 28 Aug 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bethel_Mennonite_Church_(Enid,_Oklahoma,_USA)&oldid=75535.

APA style

Neufeld, Heinrich T. (1959). Bethel Mennonite Church (Enid, Oklahoma, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 28 August 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bethel_Mennonite_Church_(Enid,_Oklahoma,_USA)&oldid=75535.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1066. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.