From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Bethany Deaconess Hospital, American Falls, Idaho, was founded by F. B. Wedel of Newton, Kansas, in 1909. For the construction cost of the hospital and for maintenance expenses he solicited funds from Mennonite communities and from local sources. The hospital was managed by the founder and by his daughter, Marie, as superintendent for several years. Later the management was carried on by a managing board consisting of ministers and members chosen from two local Mennonite churches at Aberdeen, Idaho. Because of difficulties in financing operating expenses, the institution was made a county hospital and the name was changed to Schütz Memorial Hospital. A new hospital, built in 1960-1961, was later renamed Harms Memorial Hospital in honor of Dr. Frank Harms who served the American Falls area for 40 years.

[edit] Additional Information

Website: Harms Memorial Hospital


Author(s) Henry C Wiebe
Date Published 1953


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Wiebe, Henry C. "Bethany Deaconess Hospital (American Falls, Idaho, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 26 Oct 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bethany_Deaconess_Hospital_(American_Falls,_Idaho,_USA)&oldid=75471.

APA style

Wiebe, Henry C. (1953). Bethany Deaconess Hospital (American Falls, Idaho, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 26 October 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bethany_Deaconess_Hospital_(American_Falls,_Idaho,_USA)&oldid=75471.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, pp. 302-303. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.