Jump to: navigation, search

Belmont Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), Elkhart, Indiana, was started by the Prairie Street Mennonite Church as a mission outpost on 23 June 1929. The first Sunday-school superintendent was C. W. Leininger and his assistant was John Gingrich. The church was organized as a congregation in January 1949 with 57 charter members. In 1952 the pastor was S. Jay Hostetler and the membership 64. In 2005 the membership was 188.

[edit] Additional Information

Address: 925 Oxford Street, Elkhart, Indiana

Phone: 574-293-5160

Denominational Affiliations:

Indiana-Michigan Mennonite Conference

Mennonite Church USA

[edit] Maps

Map:Belmont Mennonite Church (Elkhart, Indiana)

Author(s) Leroy L Hostetler
Date Published 1953

[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Hostetler, Leroy L. "Belmont Mennonite Church (Elkhart, Indiana, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 27 Oct 2016.,_Indiana,_USA)&oldid=137263.

APA style

Hostetler, Leroy L. (1953). Belmont Mennonite Church (Elkhart, Indiana, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 27 October 2016, from,_Indiana,_USA)&oldid=137263.

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 272. All rights reserved.

©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.