Alden Conservative Amish Mennonite Church, located one mile west of Alden, Erie County, New York, was organized in 1925 with about twenty-five members. In 1922 and soon after, settlers moved into this new section from various states and also from Canada. Services were held in the Millgrove and Town Line Methodist churches. A new meetinghouse was built in 1927. The 1953 membership was 160. Ministers who served this congregation prior to the mid-1950s included John Bontrager, John Helmuth, Noah D. Miller, Joseph J. Miller and David Beachy. The congregation built a larger facility in 1994. In 1934 a branch Sunday school was established near Williamsville, New York, where ten years later a new mission building was erected. Here the average attendance in the 1950s was forty, with Preacher Richard Bender in charge at that time.
 Additional Information
Address: 923 Two Rod Road, Alden, New York
|Author(s)||John K Bontrager|
 Cite This Article
Bontrager, John K and Sam Steiner. "Alden Mennonite Church (Alden, New York, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1955. Web. 10 Oct 2015. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Alden_Mennonite_Church_(Alden,_New_York,_USA)&oldid=132374.
Bontrager, John K and Sam Steiner. (1955). Alden Mennonite Church (Alden, New York, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 10 October 2015, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Alden_Mennonite_Church_(Alden,_New_York,_USA)&oldid=132374.
Herald Press website.
©1996-2015 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.