Adams Mennonite Brethren Church (Adams, Oklahoma, USA)

From GAMEO
Revision as of 07:14, 18 March 2014 by RichardThiessen (talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Adams Mennonite Brethren Church is a rural church west of Adams, Oklahoma. First organized as the Hooker Mennonite Brethren Church in 1905, with 30 members, its first leader was H. S. Voth. Its meetinghouse was dedicated in 1906. In the mid 1950s the present name was adopted. The membership in 1957 was 117, with Abe D. Unruh as pastor.

Additional Information

Address: 609 Alyndon Street, Adams OK 73901

Telephone: 580-338-5279

Denominational Affiliations:

Southern District Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches

U.S. Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches

General Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches


Author(s) Melvin Gingerich
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Gingerich, Melvin. "Adams Mennonite Brethren Church (Adams, Oklahoma, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 18 Nov 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Adams_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Adams,_Oklahoma,_USA)&oldid=116089.

APA style

Gingerich, Melvin. (1959). Adams Mennonite Brethren Church (Adams, Oklahoma, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 18 November 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Adams_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Adams,_Oklahoma,_USA)&oldid=116089.




Hpbuttns.gif

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1056. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.