Difference between revisions of "Ybor Mennonite Mission (Ybor City, Florida, USA)"

From GAMEO
Jump to navigation Jump to search
[checked revision][checked revision]
m (Text replacement - "|a1_last=Steiner|a1_first=Sam|" to "|a1_last=Steiner|a1_first=Samuel J|")
m
 
Line 1: Line 1:
 
Ybor Mennonite Mission ([[Mennonite Church (MC)|Mennonite Church]]) began in 1930 among the Spanish-speaking people in Ybor City, [[Florida (USA)|Florida]]. It was sponsored by the Lancaster Mennonite Conference.
 
Ybor Mennonite Mission ([[Mennonite Church (MC)|Mennonite Church]]) began in 1930 among the Spanish-speaking people in Ybor City, [[Florida (USA)|Florida]]. It was sponsored by the Lancaster Mennonite Conference.
  
In the mid-1960s the Ybor City Mennonite Mission and Ida Street Mennonite Church merged at the Ybor City location. The congregation moved to new location in 1972 and took the name [[North Tampa Christian Fellowship (Tampa, Florida, USA)|North Tampa Christian Fellowship]]. It became a multi-cultural congregation, with particular outreach to second and third generation Hispanics living in the United States. The congregation became part of the Southeast Mennonite Conference in the 1970s after congregations in the southeastern United States formed their own regional conference and left their founding conferences like the Lancaster the Conference.
+
In the mid-1960s the Ybor City Mennonite Mission and Ida Street Mennonite Church merged at the Ybor City location. The congregation moved to new location in 1972 and took the name [[North Tampa Christian Fellowship (Tampa, Florida, USA)|North Tampa Christian Fellowship]]. It became a multi-cultural congregation, with particular outreach to second and third generation Hispanics living in the United States. The congregation became part of the Southeast Mennonite Conference in the 1970s after congregations in the southeastern United States formed their own regional conference and left their founding conferences like the Lancaster Conference.
  
 
See also [[Tampa Mennonite Mission (Tampa, Florida, USA)|Tampa Mennonite Mission]].
 
See also [[Tampa Mennonite Mission (Tampa, Florida, USA)|Tampa Mennonite Mission]].

Latest revision as of 19:29, 3 December 2019

Ybor Mennonite Mission (Mennonite Church) began in 1930 among the Spanish-speaking people in Ybor City, Florida. It was sponsored by the Lancaster Mennonite Conference.

In the mid-1960s the Ybor City Mennonite Mission and Ida Street Mennonite Church merged at the Ybor City location. The congregation moved to new location in 1972 and took the name North Tampa Christian Fellowship. It became a multi-cultural congregation, with particular outreach to second and third generation Hispanics living in the United States. The congregation became part of the Southeast Mennonite Conference in the 1970s after congregations in the southeastern United States formed their own regional conference and left their founding conferences like the Lancaster Conference.

See also Tampa Mennonite Mission.


Author(s) Samuel J Steiner
Date Published June 2014


Cite This Article

MLA style

Steiner, Samuel J. "Ybor Mennonite Mission (Ybor City, Florida, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. June 2014. Web. 12 Dec 2019. https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Ybor_Mennonite_Mission_(Ybor_City,_Florida,_USA)&oldid=166231.

APA style

Steiner, Samuel J. (June 2014). Ybor Mennonite Mission (Ybor City, Florida, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 12 December 2019, from https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Ybor_Mennonite_Mission_(Ybor_City,_Florida,_USA)&oldid=166231.




Hpbuttns.png

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1001. All rights reserved.


©1996-2019 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.