Difference between revisions of "Woodridge Mennonite Church (Washington, District of Columbia, USA)"

From GAMEO
Jump to navigation Jump to search
[checked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130820)
 
Line 1: Line 1:
Woodridge Mennonite Church ([[Mennonite Church (MC)|Mennonite Church]]), Washington, District of Columbia, is a member of the [[Allegheny Mennonite Conference (Mennonite Church USA)|Allegheny Mennonite Conference]]. In 1957 it had 40 members, with John R. Martin as pastor. The congregation was organized in 1952 as "Georgetown," with 23 members, but changed its name to Woodridge the next year. Nevin Miller served as pastor from the beginning to 1956, at first commuting from Harrisonburg, Virginia, where he was a teacher. The congregation worshiped in a rented church building in the city of Washington, District of Columbia, until its own meetinghouse was built in 1959 at Hyattsville, Maryland, just outside the District of Colum­bia to the northeast.
+
__TOC__
 +
Woodridge Mennonite Church ([[Mennonite Church (MC)|Mennonite Church]]), Washington, District of Columbia, was a member of the [[Allegheny Mennonite Conference (Mennonite Church USA)|Allegheny Mennonite Conference]]. In 1957 it had 40 members, with John R. Martin as pastor. The congregation was organized in 1952 as "Georgetown," with 23 members, but changed its name to Woodridge the next year. Nevin Miller served as pastor from the beginning to 1956, at first commuting from Harrisonburg, Virginia, where he was a teacher. The congregation worshiped in a rented church building in the city of Washington, District of Columbia, until its own meetinghouse was built in 1959 at Hyattsville, Maryland, just outside the District of Colum­bia to the northeast.
 +
 
 +
It then became the [[Hyattsville Mennonite Church (Hyattsville, Maryland, USA)|Hyattsville Mennonite Church]].
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 4, p. 977|date=1959|a1_last=Gingerich|a1_first=Melvin|a2_last=|a2_first=}}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 4, p. 977|date=1959|a1_last=Gingerich|a1_first=Melvin|a2_last=|a2_first=}}
 +
[[Category:Churches]]
 +
[[Category:Allegheny Mennonite Conference Congregations]]
 +
[[Category:Mennonite Church (MC) Congregations]]
 +
[[Category:Mennonite Church USA Congregations]]
 +
[[Category:Extinct Congregations]]
 +
[[Category:United States Congregations]]

Latest revision as of 15:29, 27 September 2021

Woodridge Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), Washington, District of Columbia, was a member of the Allegheny Mennonite Conference. In 1957 it had 40 members, with John R. Martin as pastor. The congregation was organized in 1952 as "Georgetown," with 23 members, but changed its name to Woodridge the next year. Nevin Miller served as pastor from the beginning to 1956, at first commuting from Harrisonburg, Virginia, where he was a teacher. The congregation worshiped in a rented church building in the city of Washington, District of Columbia, until its own meetinghouse was built in 1959 at Hyattsville, Maryland, just outside the District of Colum­bia to the northeast.

It then became the Hyattsville Mennonite Church.


Author(s) Melvin Gingerich
Date Published 1959

Cite This Article

MLA style

Gingerich, Melvin. "Woodridge Mennonite Church (Washington, District of Columbia, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 21 Oct 2021. https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Woodridge_Mennonite_Church_(Washington,_District_of_Columbia,_USA)&oldid=172404.

APA style

Gingerich, Melvin. (1959). Woodridge Mennonite Church (Washington, District of Columbia, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 October 2021, from https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Woodridge_Mennonite_Church_(Washington,_District_of_Columbia,_USA)&oldid=172404.




Hpbuttns.png

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 977. All rights reserved.


©1996-2021 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.