Steelton Mennonite Church (Steelton, Pennsylvania, USA)

From GAMEO
Revision as of 17:36, 6 June 2014 by SamSteiner (talk | contribs) (SamSteiner moved page Steelton Mennonite Gospel Mission (Steelton, Pennsylvania, USA) to Steelton Mennonite Church (Steelton, Pennsylvania, USA) without leaving a redirect)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Steelton Mennonite Gospel Mission (Mennonite Church) began in 1936, when a club building on South Second Street was rented for Sunday morning services. Tent meeting in the fall of 1936 with Stoner Krady as evangelist resulted in a number of responses. At the first baptismal service five were received.

Within a year another place for worship was provided in an Episcopal parish house on Pine Street. As the greater part of the growing Sunday school was from the west side of Steelton a store building was purchased on the west side at 304 Myers Street, by the Eastern Mission Board. The superintendents have been Ira Miller, Warren Metzler, Samuel Longenecker, Isaac M. Baer, and Russell J. Baer, who has been serving since 1953. The membership in 1957 was 45.

Additional Information

Address: 501 North Third St, Steelton, Pa. 17113

Phone: 717-939-2261

Website:

Denominational Affiliations: Lancaster Mennonite Conference

Mennonite Church USA

Map

Map:Steelton Mennonite Church (Steelton, Pennsylvania, USA)


Author(s) Frank N Herzler
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Herzler, Frank N. "Steelton Mennonite Church (Steelton, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 5 Dec 2020. https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Steelton_Mennonite_Church_(Steelton,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=122860.

APA style

Herzler, Frank N. (1959). Steelton Mennonite Church (Steelton, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 5 December 2020, from https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Steelton_Mennonite_Church_(Steelton,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=122860.




Hpbuttns.png

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 623. All rights reserved.


©1996-2020 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.