Rexton Mennonite Church (Rexton, Michigan USA)
Rexton Mennonite Church, Rexton, Michigan, was established in 1947 under the Indiana-Michigan Mennonite Mission Board. The membership was 34 in 1957, with Joe Swartz as pastor.
In 2015 the Rexton congregation withdrew from the Indiana-Michigan Mennonite Conference. This move was part of a larger realignment of Mennonite congregations in the 2010s that were formerly part of Mennonite Church USA. These congregations were unhappy with Mennonite Church USA's failure to take stronger disciplinary actions against area conferences and congregations who expressed openness to inclusion of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender persons.
The nearby Naubinway Christian Fellowship also withdrew from the conference in 2015. During 2016 the two churches agreed to "meld," and in 2017 began operating as the Christian Fellowship Churches of Mackinac County, with two locations. They considered themselves to be a non-denominational church.
"About Us." Christian Fellowship Churches of Mackinac County. 2017. Web. 5 June 2017. https://www.cfcmi.com/about-us.
Addresses: W16121 Main St., Naubinway, Michigan
N7970 Church St., Rexton, Michigan
Cite This Article
Gingerich, Melvin. "Rexton Mennonite Church (Rexton, Michigan USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 21 Aug 2018. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Rexton_Mennonite_Church_(Rexton,_Michigan_USA)&oldid=161062.
Gingerich, Melvin. (1959). Rexton Mennonite Church (Rexton, Michigan USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 August 2018, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Rexton_Mennonite_Church_(Rexton,_Michigan_USA)&oldid=161062.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 312. All rights reserved.
©1996-2018 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.