Difference between revisions of "Pleasant Grove Conservative Mennonite Church (Goshen, Indiana, USA)"

From GAMEO
Jump to navigation Jump to search
[checked revision][checked revision]
(slight update, added map and categories)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
__FORCETOC__
 
__FORCETOC__
 
__TOC__
 
__TOC__
Pleasant Grove [[Conservative Mennonite Conference|Conservative Mennonite Church]], lo­cated 5 miles southeast of Goshen, [[Indiana (USA)|Indiana]], was built in 1948 as a branch of the [[Townline Mennonite Church (Shipshewana, Indiana, USA)|Townline]] and [[Griner Conservative Mennonite Church (Middlebury, Indiana, USA)|Griner]] churches. The first services were held here 15 August 1948. Services were held in all three of the churches every Sunday, the ministers alternating between the three churches. In 1956 the congrega­tions organized separately. The membership of the Pleasant Grove congregation at that time was 260, with Clarence A. Yoder (ordained in 1948, as bishop 1950), Menno S. Schrock (transferred from [[Old Order Amish|Old Order Amish]]), and Edwin J. Knepp (ordained in 1954).
+
Pleasant Grove [[Conservative Mennonite Conference|Conservative Mennonite Church]], lo­cated five miles southeast of [[Goshen (Indiana, USA)|Goshen]], [[Indiana (USA)|Indiana]], was built in 1948 as a branch of the [[Townline Mennonite Church (Shipshewana, Indiana, USA)|Townline]] and [[Griner Conservative Mennonite Church (Middlebury, Indiana, USA)|Griner]] churches. The first services were held here 15 August 1948. Services were held in all three of the churches every Sunday, the ministers alternating between the three churches. In 1956 the congrega­tions organized separately. The membership of the Pleasant Grove congregation at that time was 260, with Clarence A. Yoder (ordained in 1948, as bishop 1950), Menno S. Schrock (transferred from [[Old Order Amish|Old Order Amish]]), and Edwin J. Knepp (ordained in 1954).
  
In 1954 the [[Bethel Conservative Mennonite Church (Nappanee, Indiana, USA)|Bethel Church]] was built 4 miles northeast of Nappanee, and a congregation was organized as a branch of the Pleasant Grove congrega­tion with Homer Miller as bishop; in 1957 it had 85 members, while Pleasant Grove had 240.
+
In 1954 the [[Bethel Conservative Mennonite Church (Nappanee, Indiana, USA)|Bethel Church]] was built four miles northeast of Nappanee, and a congregation was organized as a branch of the Pleasant Grove congrega­tion with Homer Miller as bishop; in 1957 it had 85 members, while Pleasant Grove had 240.
  
 
In February 1999 the congregation left the Conservative Mennonite Conference and joined the [[Biblical Mennonite Alliance|Biblical Mennonite Alliance]].
 
In February 1999 the congregation left the Conservative Mennonite Conference and joined the [[Biblical Mennonite Alliance|Biblical Mennonite Alliance]].
  
In 2012 the leading minister was Randall L. Riegsecker and the associate pastors were Cleo Orendorf and Roy Rodes. The congregation had 170 members and an average attendance of 245.
+
In 2015 the leading minister was Randall L. Riegsecker and the associate pastors were Cleo Orendorf and Roy Rodes. The congregation had 190 members and an average attendance of 245.
 
= Bibliography =
 
= Bibliography =
<div> <div> <div> <div> <div> Biblical Mennonite Alliance. "Directory of BMA Congregations." Web. 13 May 2012. <span class="link-external"><span class="link-external"><span class="link-external"><span class="link-external"><span class="link-external">[http://www.biblicalmennonite.com/congregations.html http://www.biblicalmennonite.com/congregations.html]</span></span></span></span></span>.
+
Biblical Mennonite Alliance. "BMA Congregational Directory with Pastors." August 2015.
 +
 
 +
Biblical Mennonite Alliance. "Directory of BMA Congregations." Web. 13 May 2012. http://www.biblicalmennonite.com/congregations.html.
  
 
Hershberger, Brenda. <em>Anabaptist (Mennonite) Directory 2012-13</em>. Harrisonburg, VA: The Sword and Trumpet, 2012: 40.
 
Hershberger, Brenda. <em>Anabaptist (Mennonite) Directory 2012-13</em>. Harrisonburg, VA: The Sword and Trumpet, 2012: 40.
 
</div> </div> </div> </div> </div>
 
 
= Additional Information =
 
= Additional Information =
<strong>Address</strong>: County Road 38, Millersburg, IN 46543
+
<strong>Address</strong>: 13483 County Road 38, Goshen, IN 46528
  
 
<strong>Telephone</strong>: 574-642-4269
 
<strong>Telephone</strong>: 574-642-4269
  
<strong>Denominational Affiliation</strong>:
+
<strong>Denominational Affiliation</strong>: [http://www.biblicalmennonite.com/ Biblical Mennonite Alliance]
 
+
= Map =
<span class="link-external"><span class="link-external"><span class="link-external"><span class="link-external"><span class="link-external">[http://www.biblicalmennonite.com/ Biblical Mennonite Alliance]</span></span></span></span></span>
+
[[Map:Pleasant Grove Conservative Mennonite Church (Goshen, Indiana, USA)]]
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 4, p. 189|date=May 2012|a1_last=Eash|a1_first=Samuel T|a2_last=|a2_first=}}
+
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 4, p. 189|date=August 2016|a1_last=Eash|a1_first=Samuel T.|a2_last=Steiner|a2_first=Sam}}
 +
[[Category:Churches]]
 +
[[Category:Conservative Mennonite Church Congregations]]
 +
[[Category:Biblical Mennonite Alliance Congregations]]
 +
[[Category:Indiana Congregations]]
 +
[[Category:United States Congregations]]

Revision as of 15:29, 5 August 2016

Pleasant Grove Conservative Mennonite Church, lo­cated five miles southeast of Goshen, Indiana, was built in 1948 as a branch of the Townline and Griner churches. The first services were held here 15 August 1948. Services were held in all three of the churches every Sunday, the ministers alternating between the three churches. In 1956 the congrega­tions organized separately. The membership of the Pleasant Grove congregation at that time was 260, with Clarence A. Yoder (ordained in 1948, as bishop 1950), Menno S. Schrock (transferred from Old Order Amish), and Edwin J. Knepp (ordained in 1954).

In 1954 the Bethel Church was built four miles northeast of Nappanee, and a congregation was organized as a branch of the Pleasant Grove congrega­tion with Homer Miller as bishop; in 1957 it had 85 members, while Pleasant Grove had 240.

In February 1999 the congregation left the Conservative Mennonite Conference and joined the Biblical Mennonite Alliance.

In 2015 the leading minister was Randall L. Riegsecker and the associate pastors were Cleo Orendorf and Roy Rodes. The congregation had 190 members and an average attendance of 245.

Bibliography

Biblical Mennonite Alliance. "BMA Congregational Directory with Pastors." August 2015.

Biblical Mennonite Alliance. "Directory of BMA Congregations." Web. 13 May 2012. http://www.biblicalmennonite.com/congregations.html.

Hershberger, Brenda. Anabaptist (Mennonite) Directory 2012-13. Harrisonburg, VA: The Sword and Trumpet, 2012: 40.

Additional Information

Address: 13483 County Road 38, Goshen, IN 46528

Telephone: 574-642-4269

Denominational Affiliation: Biblical Mennonite Alliance

Map

Map:Pleasant Grove Conservative Mennonite Church (Goshen, Indiana, USA)


Author(s) Samuel T. Eash
Sam Steiner
Date Published August 2016

Cite This Article

MLA style

Eash, Samuel T. and Sam Steiner. "Pleasant Grove Conservative Mennonite Church (Goshen, Indiana, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. August 2016. Web. 26 May 2022. https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Pleasant_Grove_Conservative_Mennonite_Church_(Goshen,_Indiana,_USA)&oldid=135472.

APA style

Eash, Samuel T. and Sam Steiner. (August 2016). Pleasant Grove Conservative Mennonite Church (Goshen, Indiana, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 26 May 2022, from https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Pleasant_Grove_Conservative_Mennonite_Church_(Goshen,_Indiana,_USA)&oldid=135472.




Hpbuttns.png

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 189. All rights reserved.


©1996-2022 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.