Pilgrim Mennonite Press

From GAMEO
Revision as of 13:32, 30 October 2019 by SamSteiner (talk | contribs) (Text replacement - "|a2_last=Steiner|a2_first=Sam}}" to "|a2_last=Steiner|a2_first=Samuel J.}}")
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Pilgrim Mennonite Press was organized late in 1958 to be a publishing agency for a group of conservative-minded individuals who had held several interest-meetings at the Pilgrim Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), Amelia, Virginia. On 18 January 1959, before any actual publication was undertaken, it merged with the Herald of Truth to form a board of twelve members known as Herald of Truth Publications, Inc., with its principal place of business at Hartville, Ohio. Paul M. Landis of Norfolk, Virginia, was chairman at the time, as he was of the Pilgrim Press.

The following year, Pilgrim Mennonite Press disengaged from Herald of Truth, and relocated to Crockett, Kentucky as Rod and Staff Publishers, Inc.


Author(s) Harold S Bender
Samuel J. Steiner
Date Published November 2018


Cite This Article

MLA style

Bender, Harold S and Samuel J. Steiner. "Pilgrim Mennonite Press." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. November 2018. Web. 4 Jul 2020. https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Pilgrim_Mennonite_Press&oldid=165842.

APA style

Bender, Harold S and Samuel J. Steiner. (November 2018). Pilgrim Mennonite Press. Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 4 July 2020, from https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Pilgrim_Mennonite_Press&oldid=165842.




Hpbuttns.png

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1115. All rights reserved.


©1996-2020 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.