North Leamington United Mennonite Church (Leamington, Ontario, Canada)
The North Leamington United Mennonite congregation began services in 1954, and formally organized in 1980. The first building was occupied in 1954. J. C. Neufeld and N. N. Driedger are considered the founding leaders of the group. The congregation was established by Essex County (Leamington) United Mennonite to accommodate its growing membership. The two churches operated under one organization until 1981 when they became autonomous. Services have been in English only since 1985.
Driedger, N. N. The Leamington United Mennonite Church: Establishment and Development, 1925-1972. Leamington, ON: The Church, 1972, 176 pp.
Memories: Sixty Years of Mennonite Life in Essex and Kent Counties, 1925-1985. Leamington, ON: Essex-Kent Mennonite Historical Association, 1985, 78 pp.
Mennonite Reporter (2 February 1981): 4; (4 September 1989): 17; (17 October 1994): 18.
Address: 625 Mersea Road 6, R.R.5, Leamington, Ontario N8H 3V8
Mennonite Church Eastern Canada (1988-present)
General Conference Mennonite Church (GCM) (1954-1999)
North Leamington United Mennonite Pastors
|Cathrin van Sintern Dick (Associate)||2003-2012|
|Glyn Jones (Interim Supply)||2011|
|Jim Loepp Thiessen
|Kendall & Charleen Jongejan Harder||May 2018-Present|
|Ken Driedger (Interim)||July 2019-Present|
Leamington United Mennonite Membership
|Date Published||January 1989|
Cite This Article
Epp, Marlene and Sam Steiner. "North Leamington United Mennonite Church (Leamington, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. January 1989. Web. 12 Aug 2020. https://gameo.org/index.php?title=North_Leamington_United_Mennonite_Church_(Leamington,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=164293.
Epp, Marlene and Sam Steiner. (January 1989). North Leamington United Mennonite Church (Leamington, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 12 August 2020, from https://gameo.org/index.php?title=North_Leamington_United_Mennonite_Church_(Leamington,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=164293.
©1996-2020 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.