New Pittsburg Church of God in Christ, Mennonite (Wayne County, Ohio, USA)

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The New Pittsburg Church of God in Christ, Mennonite Church, now extinct, was located in Chester Township,Wayne County, Ohio. It was organized in 1859 with John Holdeman as minister and a membership of 20. During the first 19 years services were conducted in homes of the members. In 1878 a modest meetinghouse was built. This congregation became extinct in 1883 when nearly all its members moved to Missouri or other congregations.


Author(s) P. G Hiebert
Date Published 1957


Cite This Article

MLA style

Hiebert, P. G. "New Pittsburg Church of God in Christ, Mennonite (Wayne County, Ohio, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 14 Aug 2018. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=New_Pittsburg_Church_of_God_in_Christ,_Mennonite_(Wayne_County,_Ohio,_USA)&oldid=113551.

APA style

Hiebert, P. G. (1957). New Pittsburg Church of God in Christ, Mennonite (Wayne County, Ohio, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 14 August 2018, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=New_Pittsburg_Church_of_God_in_Christ,_Mennonite_(Wayne_County,_Ohio,_USA)&oldid=113551.




Hpbuttns.png

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 863. All rights reserved.


©1996-2018 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.