Milford Hutterite Colony (Raymond, Alberta, Canada)

From GAMEO
Revision as of 23:12, 15 May 2019 by BertFriesen (talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Milford (Buck Ranch) Hutterite Bruderhof, founded in 1918 near Raymond, Alberta, by the members of the Bruderhof in Milford, South Dakota, and their preachers Johann Kleinsasser and Jerg Waldner; they sold the holdings in South Dakota and bought the Big Bend site. In 1947 the Milford Bruderhof numbered 125 souls, with 60 baptized members.

Daughter colonies of the Milford Hutterite Colony include: Miami Hutterite Colony (New Dayton, Alberta, Canada); Milford Hutterite Colony (Wolf Creek, Montana, USA); Winnifred Hutterite Colony (Bow Island, Alberta, Canada); Rosetown Hutterite Colony (Rosetown, Saskatchewan, Canada); and Miltow Hutterite Colony (Warner, Alberta, Canada).

In 2017 the Milford Hutterite Colony was a Lehrerleut colony.

Additional Information

Location

Raymond, Alberta (coordinates: 49.378056, -112.6975 [49° 22' 41" N, 112° 41' 51" W])

Address

Box 244, Raymond, AB T0K 2S0

Switchboard Phone

403-752-4175

Managers and Ministers

Manager Minister Years
Ben Wipf Joe Kleinsasser 1999
Ben Wipf Joe Kleinsasser 2019


Author(s) David Decker
Bert Friesen
Date Published May 2019


Cite This Article

MLA style

Decker, David and Bert Friesen. "Milford Hutterite Colony (Raymond, Alberta, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. May 2019. Web. 15 Jun 2019. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Milford_Hutterite_Colony_(Raymond,_Alberta,_Canada)&oldid=164039.

APA style

Decker, David and Bert Friesen. (May 2019). Milford Hutterite Colony (Raymond, Alberta, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 15 June 2019, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Milford_Hutterite_Colony_(Raymond,_Alberta,_Canada)&oldid=164039.




Hpbuttns.png

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 688. All rights reserved.


©1996-2019 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.