Maple Grove Mennonite Church (New Wilmington, Pennsylvania, USA)

From GAMEO
Jump to navigation Jump to search

The Maple Grove Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), located two miles (three km) south of New Wilmington, Lawrence County, Pennsylvania, was organized about 1850 by a group that had withdrawn from the Old Order Amish Church under the leadership of their first minister and bishop John Kanagy. They built the first meetinghouse (25 x 35 ft.) in 1872, remodeled in 1902 and finally removed; the 1950s-era meetinghouse (36 x 56 ft.) was built in 1930. This rural church, which had a membership of 68 in 1955, belonged to the Ohio and Eastern Conference and was under the leadership of Nathan Nussbaum as pastor, and Roy Kaufman in 1957.


Author(s) Nathan Nussbaum
Date Published 1957


Cite This Article

MLA style

Nussbaum, Nathan. "Maple Grove Mennonite Church (New Wilmington, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 17 Jul 2019. https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Maple_Grove_Mennonite_Church_(New_Wilmington,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=92572.

APA style

Nussbaum, Nathan. (1957). Maple Grove Mennonite Church (New Wilmington, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 17 July 2019, from https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Maple_Grove_Mennonite_Church_(New_Wilmington,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=92572.




Hpbuttns.png

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, pp. 474. All rights reserved.


©1996-2019 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.