Lincoln Avenue Gospel Mission (Chicago, Illinois, USA)

From GAMEO
Jump to navigation Jump to search

The Lincoln Avenue Gospel Mission (Krimmer Mennonite Brethren), located at 2812 Lincoln Ave., Chicago, Illinois, was officially opened 24 October 1915, with David M. Hofer as superintendent and Joseph W. Tschetter as associate superintendent. The first meetinghouse, a two-story brick structure with a seating capacity of about 125, full basement for Sunday school, and living quarters for the workers on second floor, was still used for regular services in the 1950s. John S. Mendel succeeded David M. Hofer and was the 1954 superintendent.

In 1963 the church was renamed the Lakeview Mennonite Brethren Church, but struggled to maintain a solid core of members.


Author(s) John S Mendel
Date Published 1957

Cite This Article

MLA style

Mendel, John S. "Lincoln Avenue Gospel Mission (Chicago, Illinois, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 19 Apr 2021. https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Lincoln_Avenue_Gospel_Mission_(Chicago,_Illinois,_USA)&oldid=83241.

APA style

Mendel, John S. (1957). Lincoln Avenue Gospel Mission (Chicago, Illinois, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 April 2021, from https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Lincoln_Avenue_Gospel_Mission_(Chicago,_Illinois,_USA)&oldid=83241.




Hpbuttns.png

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 348. All rights reserved.


©1996-2021 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.