Lenoir (North Carolina, USA)
Lenoir, North Carolina, the center of Krimmer Mennonite Brethren work among African Americans. In 1951 Mr. and Mrs. P. H. Siemens reported that the following churches had been built in North Carolina and Tennessee since the time they arrived on the field: Beach Bottom (1926), Heaton (1928), Shell Creek (1931), Bushtown (first church 1932, second church 1936), Cove Creek (1939), Elk Park (1939), Laytown (1940), Lenoir (1945), Boone (1948), and Darley (1950). A 1952 report indicated that a five-month Bible school had an average attendance of 90; the daily vacation Bible school held two weeks in each church had an enrollment of over 300 children; child evangelism classes were conducted; the Pioneer Boys, the Home Builders, and the men's Bible Club met regularly; revival meetings were held in all of the churches, resulting in nine conversions. The membership in 1955 was 235, with four ordained ministers.
Cite This Article
Gingerich, Melvin. "Lenoir (North Carolina, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 22 Apr 2019. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Lenoir_(North_Carolina,_USA)&oldid=95759.
Gingerich, Melvin. (1957). Lenoir (North Carolina, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 April 2019, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Lenoir_(North_Carolina,_USA)&oldid=95759.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 323. All rights reserved.
©1996-2019 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.