Intercourse Mennonite Mission (Intercourse, Pennsylvania, USA)

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Intercourse Mennonite (Mennonite Church) Mission outpost is now extinct. In 1897, ten years after Hershey Sunday School was started in the Pequea District, Lancaster Mennonite Conference, Mahlon Buckwalter and Henry H. Hershey opened a Sunday school in the schoolhouse east of Intercourse. The enrollment was 75. In 1904 this school could no longer be used, and the outpost was closed.


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1958


Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Intercourse Mennonite Mission (Intercourse, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1958. Web. 16 Jul 2018. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Intercourse_Mennonite_Mission_(Intercourse,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=88241.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1958). Intercourse Mennonite Mission (Intercourse, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 16 July 2018, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Intercourse_Mennonite_Mission_(Intercourse,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=88241.




Hpbuttns.png

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 44. All rights reserved.


©1996-2018 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.