Difference between revisions of "Huntington Mennonite Church (Newport News, Virginia, USA)"

From GAMEO
Jump to navigation Jump to search
[checked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130820)
(No difference)

Revision as of 00:52, 5 April 2014

Huntington Avenue Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), formerly the Newport News Mennonite Mission, located in Newport News, Virginia, was begun in 1928 by the Warwick River Mennonite congregation. In 1936 the mission was turned over to the Virginia Board of Missions and Charities, and a year later a brick meetinghouse was built. In 1951 the mission was organized as an independent congregation under the Virginia Conference (MC). In 1955 Andrew M. Hartzler was the minister and the membership was 31.


Author(s) C. Norman Krause
Date Published 1956

Cite This Article

MLA style

Krause, C. Norman. "Huntington Mennonite Church (Newport News, Virginia, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 3 Oct 2022. https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Huntington_Mennonite_Church_(Newport_News,_Virginia,_USA)&oldid=117315.

APA style

Krause, C. Norman. (1956). Huntington Mennonite Church (Newport News, Virginia, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 3 October 2022, from https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Huntington_Mennonite_Church_(Newport_News,_Virginia,_USA)&oldid=117315.




Hpbuttns.png

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 845. All rights reserved.


©1996-2022 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.