New Hope Community Church (Cambridge, Ontario, Canada)

From GAMEO
Jump to navigation Jump to search

48 Queen St. E., Cambridge, ON, N3C 2E8. 519-220-1857.  Pastor Peter Olsen served in 2002 as a congregational leader. In 1925 there were 49 members; in 1950, 68; in 1975, 54; in 1985, 65; in 2000, 51. The congregation affiliated with the Mennonite Brethren in Christ in 1895 and now is part of the Evangelical Missionary Church. The language of worship is English.

The congregation began services in 1895, and formally organized in 1898. The first building was occupied in 1902. The congregation originated through division from the Mennonite Conference of Ontario over revivalism.

The congregation was originally known as Hespeler Missionary Church. It changed in name about 2001 when it met in a new location.


Author(s) Ernest Lucas
Samuel J. Steiner
Date Published January 1996

Cite This Article

MLA style

Lucas, Ernest and Samuel J. Steiner. "New Hope Community Church (Cambridge, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. January 1996. Web. 18 May 2021. https://gameo.org/index.php?title=New_Hope_Community_Church_(Cambridge,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=165861.

APA style

Lucas, Ernest and Samuel J. Steiner. (January 1996). New Hope Community Church (Cambridge, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 18 May 2021, from https://gameo.org/index.php?title=New_Hope_Community_Church_(Cambridge,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=165861.




Hpbuttns.png

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 718. All rights reserved.


©1996-2021 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.