Herr Street Mennonite Church (Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, USA)

From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:39, 24 May 2019 by SamSteiner (talk | contribs)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Herr Street Mennonite Church was founded in 1953 in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, USA. The church a a member of the Lancaster Mennonite Conference and the African American Mennonite Association. It withdrew from the Lancaster Conference on 22 July 2005, and joined the Biblical Mennonite Alliance in February 2006.

In 2012 the leading minister was Edward L. Zook and the associate pastor was Melvin Allgyer, Jr. The congregational membership was 30 and the average weekly attendance was 60.

Bibliography

Biblical Mennonite Alliance. Directory (August 2015); (2019): 28.

Biblical Mennonite Alliance. "Directory of BMA Congregations." Web. 9 May 2012. http://www.biblicalmennonite.com/congregations.html.

Hershberger, Brenda. Anabaptist (Mennonite) Directory 2012-13. Harrisonburg, VA: The Sword and Trumpet, 2012: 39.

Horsch, James E. Mennonite Directory (1999):126.

Lancaster Mennonite Historical Society Archives. "LMC Congregations - Finding Aid Report." (February 2018): 86, 91-92.

Additional Information

Address: 1026 Herr Street, Harrisburg, PA 17103

Telephone: 717-232-1480

Denominational Affiliation:

Biblical Mennonite Alliance

Map

Map:Herr Street Mennonite Church (Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, USA)


Author(s) Richard D Thiessen
Date Published May 2012


Cite This Article

MLA style

Thiessen, Richard D. "Herr Street Mennonite Church (Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. May 2012. Web. 8 Aug 2020. https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Herr_Street_Mennonite_Church_(Harrisburg,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=164068.

APA style

Thiessen, Richard D. (May 2012). Herr Street Mennonite Church (Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 8 August 2020, from https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Herr_Street_Mennonite_Church_(Harrisburg,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=164068.




©1996-2020 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.