Hamilton Street Mennonite Church (Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, USA)

From GAMEO
Jump to navigation Jump to search

The Hamilton Street Mennonite Church was founded in 1951 in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, USA. It was originally called the Harrisburg Mennonite Church, but changed its name in 1968. It was a member of the Lancaster Mennonite Conference

Hamilton Street merged with the Herr Street Mennonite Church in the late 1980s and ceased to exist as a separate congregation.

Bibliography

Lancaster Mennonite Historical Society Archives. "LMC Congregations - Finding Aid Report." (February 2018): 86.

Additional Information

Address: 505 Hamilton Street, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

Phone:

Website

Denominational Affiliations:

Mennonite Church (MC)

Lancaster Mennonite Conference

Ordained Pastors at Hamilton Street Mennonite Church

Name Years
of Service
Noah Hege 1952-195?
Daniel M. Longenecker 1962-1969?
J. Donald Martin 1969?-1970s
Robert H. Garber 1970s-1983?
Lindsey A. Robinson 1984-1988

Membership at Hamilton Street Mennonite Church

Year Membership
1955 16
1960 20
1965 19
1970 18
1975 14
1980 13
1985 14


Author(s) Sam Steiner
Date Published May 2019


Cite This Article

MLA style

Steiner, Sam. "Hamilton Street Mennonite Church (Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. May 2019. Web. 22 Jul 2019. https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Hamilton_Street_Mennonite_Church_(Harrisburg,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=164077.

APA style

Steiner, Sam. (May 2019). Hamilton Street Mennonite Church (Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 July 2019, from https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Hamilton_Street_Mennonite_Church_(Harrisburg,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=164077.




©1996-2019 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.